Renovating or Remodeling an Older Home?
Disturbing asbestos-containing materials (ACM) during a renovation or home repair may release asbestos fibres into the air. Asbestos fibres pose a serious health risk to workers and building occupants and have been linked to lung disease and some types of lung cancer.
For public safety and liability issues, asbestos-containing material should only be handled by trained and experienced asbestos abatement professionals.
At ProActive Hazmat, we will set up an asbestos abatement plan to deal with your specific circumstances and give you the peace of mind that your building is safe for occupancy.
Asbestos Abatement Steps:
- Consultation & site inspection
- Bulk sample analysis by independent third-party
- Notice of Project filed with WorkSafeBC
- Containment of work area
- Removal of ACM and placement into impervious containers
- Area clean & inspection
- Encapsulation of area with sealant
- Air monitoring & clearance
- Disposal at an approved landfill